Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Lone Leopard

I ran across this photo of a leopard on Google and I had to stop and admire the photo. There was something about the photo being taken at night and all the vast black space to the right of the photo that caught my attention. There was beauty in the light shining on the single leopard and he seemed to fit perfectly into the rule of thirds. I wanted to know more of what the leopard's attention was focused on. The part we couldn't see made the picture seem more mysterious.
I decided to look up the wildlife photographer Shaun Walton and found he was well known for his black and white photos of the lion and leopard in Africa. Many of his pictures drew me in with the way he used lighting and the facial expressions of the animals in the night photos. I also loved the way he captured portraits of some of the other animals too, such as rhinos and elephants. He's definitely someone worth checking out.
Here's his website: http://www.shaunwalton.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment